Friday, April 10, 2009

Samgyeopsal With the Health Club Guys

I'm meeting some folks and making some friends at my local health club/gym place. I'm slowly starting to connect names to faces and learn a little bit about my new circle of friends and aquaintences. A bunch of them often go out on Friday night for Samgyeopsal, (grilled or fried strips of pork bacon served in the same manner as Galbi). For the second time, i joined them this evening. While Samgyeopsal probably isn't the healthiest fare, it sure tastes delicious.

One of the guys spoke Japanese fairly well, so I was able to communicate with him and get the translations when I didn't understand the Korean being spoken. The conversation was all pretty light though, so I don't think I missed much.

I had a good time though. It did however, highlight my slow progress in studying and learning Korean, something I intend to remedy fairly soon. I just recently learned of a Korean class in Changwon this week, and hopefully I'll be able to join them this coming Tuesday night.

No comments: