Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Towa Road Race Half Marathon

This marks the second time I've run the Towa Half Marathon. My time this go round was 1 hour 41 minutes and 15 seconds. Kind of Disappointing, considering I came in at nearly exactly the same time last year, down to the minute.

Towa is actually a town outside Nihonmatsu. Despite the time, things were a little better during the race this time around. It was a sunny day as opposed to the rain last year, so I got to see what a beautiful area the place was. I ran into Peter, my English teaching counterpart in that town. Somehow or another he'd gotten browbeaten into volunteering for the race and was sporting an official looking (i.e. dorky) uniform. I did compliment him on how pretty his town on the hill is.

It was a beautiful day, and as I ran down the hill, I could see the entire valley painted green and Mount Adatara standing on the opposite side of the valley. The flowers were blooming and they were selling cherries at the finish line. Besides a disappointing finish, a little knee trouble afterwards, and tons of stressful things to occupy my mind, it couldn't have been a better run.

No comments: