Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Para Sailing at Goreibitsu Pass





Emi and I were enjoying a cloudy day hike at Goreibitsu Pass when we encountered all these Para Sailers. Here are the shots we took with our camera phones. I'm having Emi email me her pics later on as well. Its a lovely drive up to Goreibitsu and I was always puzzled by the sight of this big bald spot on the saddle between the mountains. Now I know what people use it for.

I was a bit surprised to see parasailers. If there is any generalization you could make about Japanese culture it is an immensely safety consious country and extremely cautious. But if you look hard enough you find folks doing just about everything.

I've never done para-sailing, but I've always wanted to try it. If I play my cards right, I might get a chance to go sky-diving this summer instead.

No comments: