Sunday, July 29, 2007

Cantina Loredo

While I lived in Japan, I found most of the food quite delicious. I would even go so far to say that I prefer some of it to American food at this point. But Japan has no substitute for good Mexican food and during my entire stay, I sorely missed cheese enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas, chile rellenos, and guacamole.

So I was absolutely stoked when I visited my Aunt Dee and she took me to the best Mexican restaurant in Dallas, Cantina Laredo. My Aunt Dee has been a regular customer there for the 15 years she's been in Dallas, and knows all the managers and wait staff. I ordered the totally awesome Camaron Poblano Asada. It was a steak wrapped around a giant pepper stuffed with shrimp and cheese. Way cool! If you live near a Cantina Laredo, you absolutely must go eat this!

In fact, the dish was so good, I begged my Aunt Dee to drive me back again so that I could eat it twice and photograph it. Regular readers will know I rarely take pictures of my food. I always feel like a cheesehead when I do. But this particular item was one of those rare dishes worthy of a photograph!

I had fun talking with my Aunt Dee during my two visits. We talked about our mutual relatives, politics, careers, life, and just about anything else you can think of. She's always generous and we always have a good time together. She even lets me drive her Benz around!

No comments: