Sunday, April 05, 2009

My New Career in the ROK Navy

Ahoy! Well, I've decided that teaching English isn't for me and I'm giving it all up for a radical new career: I'm joining the Navy of the Republic of Korea! That's right folks! With my extensive sailing experience to ports near and far, they gave me command of a lightly armored transport ship! Here's me at the helm on the vessel!Seriously though, the Jinhae Cherry Blossom festival draws people near and far to hear military bands and see the cherry blossoms on the base's grounds. The ROK Navy is gracious enough to let people tour some of their ships during this time. Carlos and I lined up for a look at this really cool armored transport ship. It had a really wicked looking gun at the forward and what looked to be two anti-aircraft guns at the aft. (I guess I should study up if I'm gonna be in the Korean Navy).
I wanted to get a chance to tour what looked to be a really imposing guided missile cruiser, but the line was too long. Oh well, there's always next year!

No comments: