Thursday, March 19, 2009

Trans-Terra: New Blog Idea

I've been toying with the idea of starting a separate blog devoted exclusively to travel. In this blog I would talk about the planning stages of my eventual 'Round the World' trip, inspire myself and others to take such a journey, as well as share travel and adventure stories and photographs from friends and relatives.

There's a lot of work to be done preparing for a RTW trip, and I find the blog format helpful for thinking, reflecting, and expressing goals. The idea of feedback from others is also appealing to me.

I would call the blog Trans Terra, inspired by a world music radio show I used to hear in Memphis on 89.9 WEVL. If Trans-Terra ever became popular, I could even let other random readers from around the world contribute to this blog as well.

The blog would also give me the chance to play around with the html of bloggers without doing too much damage to Daily Belly Button Lint.

Here's the basic premise: Every week I would share 1 or 2 photographs or essays about travel or adventure from ANYWHERE on Earth where someone has a story to tell. Themes I'm interested include: travel, adventure, landscapes, nature, or the outdoors. If you're interested in sharing, post a comment with contact information on my blog here.

If there is interest in this I'll run with it, otherwise I'll just do everything here on Daily Belly Button Lint. Pic related: From my trip to Cambodia in January of 2005.

No comments: