Friday, March 27, 2009

Running Beneath the Cherry Blossoms

From Korean Lint
I'd put off running for some time since I arrived here in Korea. Running in the cold is never much fun, and I really don't care at all for the treadmills at my gym, so I've been using the stairmaster more often these days.

As spring makes its presense known and the weather warms again, I've been doing more frequent runs in my new city. I've found a nice loop from my apartment that goes through 3-4 city parks filled with Cherry blossom trees. The loop also has one long stretch down a wide avenue that has row upon row of Cherry Blossoms.

At the moment, they are all blooming, giving me the illusion of getting my cardio exersize beneath a forest of popcorn in the blue sky. Changwon really is a nice city to live in and one can easily tell as several of the paths through the parks seem positively teeming with people.

Of course I'm not quite the runner I was back in November or December, when a disciplined daily workout regimen put me in some of the best shape of my life. We'll see if I can get back to that soon.

No comments: