Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hiking Further South Along the Ridge

I ventured out on another excellent hike yesterday up a very steep slope to the same ridge that runs North and South along the Eastern side of my city. This time instead of connecting to the other trails further North for views of the city, I hiked South, and was rewarded with views of the city that were almost as good as well as views of the Ocean!The best part though is the proximity. The trailhead for this hike requires only a 10 minute walk from my house! The trail also ranks among the steepest and most rugged trails I've been on. And that's saying a lot!This place should be spectacular in the early morning sometime later in the spring after the trees fill with leaves. I might even get shots above the clouds if I wake up early enough and do the hike.

No comments: