Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Red Ginseng Stamina Drinks


Throughout Asia there are all kinds and varieties of different energy drinks and the market for these neat little bottles of stamina is much bigger and more mature than it is in the USA. While usually found in the USA and North America at highway truck stops and the like, in Asia these things are everywhere and endless varieties exist. Some can be found all across Asia and some are pretty local varieties. The Japanese certainly had their own endless array of "genki drinks" as they were described to me.

Needless to say, the Koreans are no exception and have an especially strong taste for their native Korean Red Ginseng. Whole stores are devoted to selling this stuff.

So, when I find it hard to get going in the morning, I sometimes have a bottle myself. They often come in boxes filled with little bottles of about 100 ml. These little bottles can range anywhere from 500 won to 12000 won (about 50 cents to about 10 dollars). Even more expensive varieties can be found, but my teacher's salary restricts me to the 500 won variety. They're good enough for me though! I've even aquired quite a taste for ginseng.

No comments: