Tuesday, March 24, 2009

No Rest For the Weak Throated

After more than a dozen episodes of reverse paristalsis, (Not the title of a sitcom I'm developing, although I can think of a couple that deserve such a title) I returned to work to find my throat raw and sore, not a great situation for a teacher who needs his voice. But of course I didn't get a chance to get some extra rest, as there was more work to do after work!

I mentioned before that my co-workers roped me into doing some sort of "model lesson" where I'll be presenting an ESL class for dozens of colleages in the area. Well today, I met with some new people about the event and met a counterpart who will be presenting a different lesson for an elementary school level ESL class.

I won't bore you with the details, but it was strange for me to meet Simon for the first time. I couldn't figure out why speaking to him was so strange until I realized Simon is the first Westerner I've really spoken to since December.

No comments: