Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Delicious Indian Curry

After living in Kuwait for a year, I developed quite a taste for delicious Indian food and curry. As almost half the population in Kuwait comes from India and Pakistan, the tiny gulf state managed to acquire more than its fair share of culinary talent from the subcontinent. Thinking back, the Indian food available to me there is one of the things I miss most (the Lebanese food was really good too).

After preparing for this big, "open class" presentation thing again this week, I joined Simon and his friend for curry at the town's only Indian restaurant. The restaurant here in Changwon, called Bombay, serves up especially good mutton. So if you ever get a chance to stop by, do so. You won't regret it. Also, their papadums are absolutely enormous. Bigger than pizzas!

I'm dreaming of someday traveling to India and tasting their authentic food myself. Perhaps during my future RTW trip.

No comments: