Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Reunion with Paul Brodar

I haven't seen Paul Brodar in almost 2 1/2 years. I count him among my closest friends and a kindred spirit in so many ways. I received an email from Paul about a week ago (end of June) saying he would LOVE to join me on the Colorado Trail. I was naturally exited about the prospect of him joining us.

Paul is a free spirit in the truest sense of the word, and I'm super eager to catch up with him during the trip. One thing that struck me right away about Paul, was that he's changed very little since I've seen him last. Most of my family and friends have changed and evolved considerably during my absence, whereas Paul seems to be happy who he is and perfectly content the way he is.

He also has a GPS! And he knows how to use it! He's definitely hiking the Colorado Trail with us!

We met up at the condo in Pagosa Springs and I got to meet his girlfriend Ipping for the first time. We headed out and hunted around for some gear he knows he needed to get. It was too bad we couldn't have hung out more together.

No comments: