Friday, May 15, 2009

Sports Day, Galbi-jim and Cell Phone Repairs

Springtime has arrived. The trees turned green. The weather grew hot and muggy. The kids changed into their warmer weather summer uniforms. Daebang Middle School also held their field day today, or sports day as they preferred it. All the kids gathered outside on the soccer field for races and games. Kids sat on the bleachers and cheered their classmates on, pounding drums and chanting songs and cheers for their friends competing on the field.
From South Korea Highlights 2009 ~
From South Korea Highlights 2009 ~
From South Korea Highlights 2009 ~
From South Korea Highlights 2009 ~
Here's a few of my fantastic students at Daebang Middle School. The students left shortly after lunch. Sports day and then the afternoon off.

Could life get any better? Evidently so, as Bae Sang-Im was gracious enough to help me get my cell phone fixed, even driving me down to the service center. I was anticipating a 2 week to 2 month waiting period and costs approaching over 200,000 Won (160-190 USD). Needless to say I was pleasantly surprised when it costed 13,000 won and the whole thing was taken care of in about 10 minutes. I even got to watch the super dextrous repair technician break my phone down into 2800 different pieces and put it back together before I finished a cup of tea. Go SKY!

Galbijim planned again tonight for dinner. This time with Bo Hwe. In case you've been living under a rock all your life, galbijim is the greatest type of food. EVER.

Now if the Denver Nuggets can humiliate the Lakers in the NBA playoffs, everything will be just peachy. But perhaps I shouldn't ask for too much.

No comments: