Sunday, May 10, 2009

Bike Problem: Resovled with Hacksaw

Well, I finally got my bike home after paying a taxi driver to load it up. Then I remembered the little old hardware store near my school and purchased a hacksaw and three extra blades. I taped up my frame near the areas where the saw might move so as to avoid scratching the paint job.

Then I quit all my stalling and went to town on a big metal lock. Took 40 minutes to an hour to get through. I think if I had to do it again I could manage it in less time. I imagine a practiced thief could get through a similar device in just under 30 minutes. Not very promising I suppose, but I don't have a whole lot of better ideas besides not owning a bicycle.

You can see clearly from the picture how I locked the bottom part on wrong, and cannot get the key into the keyhole.
From South Korea Highlights 2009 ~
I seriously hope that this day marks the end of my bike troubles for a long time to come.

No comments: