Saturday, November 08, 2008

My Father's Epic Rafting Trip

My Dad recently returned from a two and a half week rafting trip down the Grand Canyon. He went with our longtime family friend Jerry Driesens. I'm getting quite eager to hear his stories when he returns from Arizona. But for the moment, I'm just going to have to be satisfied with the picture albums and videos he's posted on his blog.

By all accounts, he had a wonderful time and you can read about their trip on my Dad's blog or Jerry Driesen's site.

Here are some of them.

A before shot.
An After shot.
A video of Jerry Driesens running the epic mother of all river rapids: Lava Falls.


Jerry Driesens has been a longtime family friend from Pagosa Springs, Colorado. He's also struggled with cancer most of his adult life and as I understand, will be resuming treatment following the trip. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I ask all my readers to keep this wonderful, generous and all around cool guy in their prayers.

As I understand it, this marks my father's third River Rafting trip down the Grand Canyon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Grand is a great trip. Thanks for posting.

-Will

Tyler Beal said...

It most certainly is. I've done 2 commercial trips in my childhood covering the span of the canyon and did Diamond Creek Down again when I was in college.

I'm hoping to have that album up by the end of today.