Saturday, November 15, 2008

First Snow of 2008

I Woke up this morning to the first snow in the Denver area this winter. Just a light dusting with only a couple of inches. Its 10:00 in the morning and the streets are already dry again. As I haven't seen any snow since I left Japan, I found it quite nice.

But since I'm too lazy to drive out and take an actual photograph of this rather un-photogenic neighborhood (and because I don't want readers to know exactly where I am), I thought I'd just leave you with some OTHER pictures of snow. Here's some scans of snowy peaks, snow, and winter.
Me on Signal Hill, the highest point in Arkansas. When I was younger, Jake Dayley inspired me to climb the high points of the 50 states. Here's proof that I stood on top of Arkansas. January 2002.
From the top of Wolf Creek Pass Ski Area. I think I took this during my student teaching in Pagosa Springs. Winter 2004.
Snow covers some Anasazi Ruins in Butler Wash, Southern Utah. Spring 2003.

No comments: