Friday, June 19, 2009

New Friends in the Park

So my new friend Vicky Erasmus loves playing her guitar. And she seems bent on getting all her friends to gather in Yeongji Park park late every Friday night for drinks so she can serenade us with guitar music and a bongo drum.

I wandered down there after my dinner party, as the night was still young (sort of) and I'm glad I went there this week as well. I wound up meeting an interesting guy who has lived here for nearly 11 years and teaches English literature at a University in Masan. Jean Bradberry works at Kyungnam University, and teaches literature classes, ESL, and film appreciation.

He'd also lived in Saudi Arabia for a year as an ESL teacher. Needless to say, we had some fun exchanging stories for awhile about our time in the Arab world.

He's also got a background in psychology, and had a lot of interesting insights into some personalities we've observed here in Korea.

No comments: