Saturday, June 06, 2009

Monument Valley Album

Here's my full album from my trip to Monument Valley. A pristinely beautiful canyon area in the heart of the Navajo Nation, this Tribal Park and fantastic landscape has become synonymous and representative of the Navajo Nation, the landscape and its culture.

Longtime friends Jonathan Dunn, Will Turnage, and 'Kaise' (last name forgotten) drove up to the park from Prescott, Arizona during the Winter of 2000. I've long since forgotten the name of Kaise's friend who is also pictured. Regardless, we all had a good time, despite mother nature snowing on us overnight. After some time getting our cars unstuck, we had a blast driving down wide dirt roads covered in snow before entering the Tribal Park.

I've often wondered what happened to Jonathan Dunn & Will Turnage since, as I lost touch after moving to Flagstaff to attend NAU. I know Will Turnage moved to Alaska to become a bush pilot and Jonathan was on a track to head into the Air Force. I've searched for them on Facebook and other places with no luck. Perhaps someday they'll Google themselves and find this blog entry.

Navajo Parks & Recreation

No comments: