Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Morning Quote

Back at work today, grinding away for the pay. Big thunderstorms woke me up at 5 AM, followed by pounding rain that's no doubt testing the limits of Changwon City's storm sewers and drainage systems.

Even as early as my student teaching experience, I could recall the weather's slight, yet noticeable effect on student temperament, behavior and performance. I suspect a thunderstorm of this magnitude is unsustainable though, and that by the time I'm in class it'll be difficult to notice, as rain will slow to a trickle. And besides, the kids in Changwon are fairly docile anyways. So I'll leave you all with the obligatory bit of wisdom below, (this time from Albert Einstein) and a sunset over Colorado's Tenmile Range.
From Colorado Trail

"Teaching should be such that what is offered is perceived as a valuable gift, and not as a hard duty." ~ Albert Einstein.

No comments: