Saturday, June 27, 2009

Flakiness & Lethargy

I'm so often busy during the week that during my downtime, I often don't have the capacity or the will to get anything productive done. Whether this is due to exhaustion or lethargy I can't be certain, but it's affecting me.

Just this last weekend, my friend Krista invited me to join her on a weekend whitewater rafting excursion. I was excited and pumped to go, but when it came time to book the trip, I couldn't find the time, or I often "spaced" it out. Now she's undoubtedly having the time of her life, while I'm having a lazy weekend again in Changwon.

What's wrong with me? I'm not sure. There are tons of things I'd like to get done, from the important (sending home a package of goodies for my parents, wiring money home to invest, booking a vacation, etc.) to the mundane (arranging furniture for more room, spending my REI dividend check, studying Korean).

Now that the consequences of my inaction have hit (I'm not rafting or bungee jumping this weekend). I'm reviewing once again the principles behind simplifying your life:

1. Identify what's important to you. 2. Eliminate everything else.

What might I be able to eliminate from my life, and make it more manageable? Will this help me become the weekend warrior? Or the Saturday sloth?

Simple Living Manifesto: 72 Ideas to Simplify Your Life

No comments: