Monday, August 07, 2006

In Riomaggiore

Well, I am now in an internet cafe in Riomaggiore. I met my dad yesterday, and we caught up on things and came to the town of Riomaggiore. Its a nice place. The landscape isn't quite as spectacular as the Amalfi Coast, but the colors of the houses are really quite nice. Lots of pinks and yellows all stacked on top of each other. Cinque Terre seems a little less busy, probably because they don't seem to be allowing a lot of cars into the town.
They also make a very delicious wine here that my dad has been lecturing me about.
We've spent most of this morning hiking around and then went for a swim. I found a nice big cliff that kids were jumping off of in a neighboring town. It was only about 25 feet or so, but it was fun. My dad got some pictures of me diving in. The water was nice and warm and seems pretty clean. This is definitely a cool place.
Tonight I'm going to try some lemonchello? Somebody correct my spelling.

Also, who among my readers has been to both Cinque Terre and the Amalfi Coast South of Naples? Anyone? Leave your impressions in the comments section!

No comments: