Saturday, August 05, 2006

Didn't go to France

Well, I decided not to go to France. The primary reason being, it was just too cold and rainy in the Alps. I was staying in a Valley at a town called Aosta.
The town I had to catch a bus in to Chamonix in France was a place called Courmayer, which is much higher up in the valley, and much cooler. So while you can wear shorts and a T-shirt in Aosta, Courmayer can be much cooler, and I was wishing I had brought my pants and a mid-layer. So I decided to make a quick retreat and just took the next bus back because I was so cold and wet from the rain. Oh well.
To give everyone an analogy, imagine spending a nice Autumn day in Durango or Idaho Springs, and then going up to Loveland or Silverton. It was just too cold and rainy for anything fun.
So now, I am writing from Florence. Its great. It doesn't seem as hot as Rome or Florence, but then again, it is night time. It also seems much cleaner. Florence also seems quite a bit greener. Must be a Tuscan thing.
I will talk to you guys later.
Bye

No comments: