Monday, June 05, 2006

Hiking in Sukagawa


Yesterday afternoon, my friend Mie drove me South of our city of Koriyama, into the mountains. We revisited a place we had been before, but had quickly left due to a rainstorm. Fortunately, the sky and temperature shined on us yesterday, and we were able to do some hiking. We went up this mountain trail, where we found a spring, and an endless number of ferns.
I tried to photograph some, and this is my first effort. I have a few with the ferns mixed in with the forest, but this will have to do for starters.

Anyways, my friend and I returned back to my place, where she taught me how to make Yaki-Soba (fried noodles). Most of the time we spent just joking around though. She's trying to learn English from me, and I'm trying to learn Japanese from her. So we occasionally hang out.

I also heard from my friend Brenden today, and we will be planning a trip to Korea together this fall. I've also been busy reading up on Italy, and trying to decide what to do with my time there. I heard from my cousin Allen Dyer, who suggested Sicily, which I'm going to see if I can fit into my plans. If any of you have been to Italy, and have some suggestions (besides the Colluseum and the Vatican) don't be afraid to let me know.

Further bulletins as events warrant.

1 comment:

The Pittmeister said...

Just a personal preference, if you refer to me in future blog entries, please refer to me by my pen name, which is Skilz. In future posts to my blog, I will refer to you as WoodChuck, TB, Tye Dye, or Conan O'Brian.