Saturday, January 03, 2009

Stressing the Small Stuff

As many of you know by now, I've applied for work at a school in Korea where I'm planning on teaching ESL again. The job and position look pretty good. So why am I stressing, you ask?
I've had no end of trouble getting all the little things together for my visa application. For whatever reason the whole process this time around seemed to take a whole lot longer and be infinitely more tedious and problematic than I recall, although I can't say why, as all the paperwork was much the same in many ways.

Either way, I've decided that one of my resolutions for 2009 should be to learn not to stress about things out of my control. Logically I know worrying about things out of your control doesn't do any good, yet I do it anyways. Anyone have suggestions (realistic, helpful ones anyways) on how to stop?

No comments: