Saturday, January 03, 2009

One Last Day of Skiing

Having bought a nice new winter jacket with my Aunt Dee's Christmas money, I decided it was probably best if I made use of the thing before I left the country. So I went up to Breckenridge for the Day to get in a day of Skiing. My mother decided to join me (although she hung out in town while I hit the slopes.

Turned out to be a great day for skiing, with the sun periodically penetrating the clouds and cool breeze coming off of the mountains. Definitely glad I have this new jacket on, as the more expert runs higher up turned out to be extremely cold and windy.

And after skiing in Japan for three years I'd forgotten how spoiled Colorado skiers really are. Even an average day early in the season proves better than the best elsewhere. I will say only one more thing: Vail Resorts sure knows how to gouge you.

No comments: