Saturday, January 05, 2008

The End in Unfortunate Cairo

Back in the unfortunate city of Cairo before flying back to Kuwait. I don't particularly care for Cairo. It's dirty, polluted, and full of people hassling you for money and all sorts of things.

After checking into a hotel, the elevator (which probably dated to the 25th New Kingdom Dynasty) broke down when I tried to go out for dinner. The hotel however, was located on the 8th floor of the building. At least I got a bit of a workout. But I'm definitely ready to be back in Kuwait.

Anyways, this concludes my time in Egypt as I fly out tomorrow. It was alright. I'm glad I came but I don't have a desire to return for anything more than diving. I know there's some great places to dive both in and around Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, and some other places south of Hurghada on the Red Sea coast that would be far more interesting.

Had Koshari for dinner tonight, which is Egypt's staple food. Koshari consists of rice, pasta, chickpeas, and sometimes minced meat with a spicy sauce. Mix it all up and call it Koshari. Its quite a yummy meal. Very simple as well. People go into these tiny little places and buy takeout cups for the whole family. Good stuff. Going to have to find one here in Kuwait now.

No comments: