Friday, December 28, 2007

Sick of the Touts

Would somebody PLEASE do SOMETHING about all the obnoxious touts in this country?


Everywhere I go, I get guards, random dudes, and all sorts of crazy characters bothering me for money after showing me around somewhere I was perfectly happy going or finding on my own. EVERYONE wants tips, "admission," baksheesh, or some commission. It gets real old. If they really cared about their tourist economy, you'd think they would do something about these types.


Every hotel, hostel, or inn I stay at, someone tries to sell me a "tour" to wherever.


Perhaps its my own falt for having stupid rich westerner, or "moneybags" written all over my forehead, or for being nice, approachable, and polite (been living in Japan too long), but I've never been so accosted in my life. Seriously, you can't be civil without giving them the mistaken impression that they deserve a tip or something.

No comments: