Thursday, December 21, 2006

Hiroshima, Seoul, DMZ, Oh My!!

I’m currently in the midst of planning for a weeklong vacation in Korea and parts of Southern Japan. My Japanese itinerary includes Nagano, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, and possibly Kagoshima. Pusan, Seoul, the DMZ, Skiing, and Hot Springs are on the agenda in Korea. Korea is also well known for its unique cuisine, which ranges from spicy pickled cabbage, Spicy BBQ, shellfish broth soups, and apparently lots of other spicy stuff. Served with difficult to use steel chopsticks as well!

For those who do not know, Japan hosted the 1986 Winter Olympics in Nagano. Obviously skiing and hot springs rank high on the agenda. It is a place I have heard about for quite some time and am looking forward to visiting. I am a little concerned that the resorts will not open, as very little snow is falling from Japanese skies. I may luck out over the weekend though.

The infamous site of the world’s first nuclear attack, Hiroshima’s Atomic Dome is the next order of business. Besides being the site of a several kiloton radiological tragedy, Hiroshima is also famous for okonomiyaki, a pancake dish of Korean origin. I don’t think that’s what they call it in Korea.

From Fukuoka Japan, I plan on going to Korea by ship, and have already booked tickets to Busan in South Korea. I’m still in the process of putting together my Korean itinerary, and the end is in sight for this blog’s nauseatingly insipid drivel. This is an exciting time on Daily Belly Button Lint, so be sure to stay tuned!

土曜日に私の冬休みが始まります。楽しみにしています!2週間、日本と韓国を旅行します。日本ではたくさん所へ行きます。最初は長野県へ行きます。長野県ではスキーをしたいです。もし雪が降らないならば温泉に入ります。次は富士山へ行きます。それから広島市と福岡市へ行きます。福岡市から船で韓国へ行きます。

韓国での予定はまだできていないです。韓国でもスキー場と温泉へ行きたい。そして韓国の料理を食べたい。日本のブログを読める人、何かお勧めがありますか?

No comments: